THE STORM TEAM 11 FORECAST
Summer weather continues today with a sunny and hot start to the afternoon, followed by developing showers and storms late this afternoon and evening. The rain will likely initiate over the mountains, then drift in and around the Tri-Cities during the late day hours. The showers and storms will be very scattered, so not everyone is going to get wet today.
The weekend is looking very summer-like, with more heat and humidity along with a few isolated showers and storms. Labor Day will be sunny and hot with just a stray shower or two.
Mostly sunny, with developing showers and storms during the afternoon, highs in the upper 80's Tri-Cities, upper 70's in the mountains.
Showers end, clear and mild with lows in the mid to upper 60's.
Sunny and hot with isolated showers and storms, temperatures near 90 Tri-Cities, upper 70's in the mountains.
- Town of Unicoi opposes Johnson City's plans for Buffalo Valley Golf Course
- Bristol Virginia City Council rejects new school plan by 3-2 vote
- 4 dead, including gunman in Chicago hospital shooting
- Ballad Health CEO Alan Levine answers questions about changes to trauma care
- Unauthorized users could have accessed private information of 7,700 people following ETSU breach
- Federal judge dismisses Gerald Sensabaugh's lawsuit against Washington County, TN Schools
- Lanes reopen on I-81 in Sullivan County following discovery of sinkhole
- Former Sullivan County 911 director indicted on more theft charges after state audit
- Colorado man gets life in prison for killing pregnant wife, 2 kids
JOHNSON CITY, TN (WJHL) - Ballad Health CEO Alan Levine joined Josh Smith in studio during our 5:30 p.m. newscast to answer questions regarding the recent trauma center changes at Ballad Health hospitals across the region.Read More »
SULLIVAN COUNTY, TN (WJHL) -- All lanes of Interstate 81 near mile marker 64 in Sullivan County have reopened following the discovery of a sinkhole Sunday night by the Tennessee Department of Transportation.Read More »
Crews are on scene of a car crash in Hampton, Tennessee. Both southbound lanes on HWY 19E are closed.Read More »
Unicoi Co. girls basketball team runs away from HamptonRead More »
UNICOI, Tenn. (WJHL) - Leaders in two neighboring parts of the Tri-Cities are divided over what to do with an abandoned golf course.Read More »