Fire chief buys Wendy’s baked potatoes for woman who burned her’s in microwave

hot potato_1558660351499.jpg.jpg

A Southwest Virginia woman’s potato got a little too hot Thursday evening, but the local fire department made sure she still got to enjoy a baked potato. 

The Glade Spring Fire Department responded to a fire alarm on Lee Highway just before 7 p.m.

The fire department says the homeowner was microwaving a potato when she started to see smoke. 

“The homeowner quickly opened the microwave and bravely threw the burning potato into the nearby kitchen sink,” the fire department posted on Facebook. 

After clearing the home of the smoke, the deputy chief went to the local Wendy’s and bought some fresh baked potatoes for the homeowner. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss