HARRISONBURG, Va. (WRIC) -- A man who is believed to have abducted a woman and her granddaughter has been taken into custody, though the grandmother and young girl remain missing, WHSV reports.
According to the Harrisonburg Police Department, Hareton Jaime Rodriguez-Sariol was arrested and is being questioned by officers regarding the whereabouts of 48-year-old Elizabeth Rodriguez Rubio and her 12-year-old granddaughter, Angie Carolina Rodriguez Rubio.
Virginia State Police issued an AMBER alert Tuesday afternoon for the 12-year-old Harrisonburg girl and a critically missing adult alert for the girl's grandmother, who were last seen in the 2800 block of South Main Street in Harrisonburg on Sunday, Aug. 5 at around 1:30 p.m.
Both were seen with Hareton Jaime Rodriguez-Sariol, who authorities believe may have abducted them.
All three were believed to be traveling to New York in a white 2000 Volvo tractor-trailer, with the Virginia license plate number 21739PZ. The vehicle is owned by AMG Express L.L.C.
Angie Carolina Rodriguez Rubio is described as a Hispanic female with brown eyes and long, curly brown hair. She is five feet, one inch tall, weighing about 112 pounds. She was last seen wearing a black blouse with flowers on it, black leggings and white sandals.
Her grandmother, Elizabeth Rodriguez Rubio, is a Hispanic female with black hair and brown eyes, and is roughly 140 pounds and is five feet, four inches tall. She was seen wearing a burgundy blouse and black skirt.
If you have information about Angie Carolina Rodriguez Rubio, Elizabeth Rodriguez Rubio or Hareton Jaime Rodriguez-Sariol, please call 911.
- PHOTOS: FBI, Elizabethton police search for Carter County Bank robbery suspect
- Large police presence at the scene of Johnson City apartment complex
- NEW AT 6P: Former Bristol, Va., Councilman Fleenor speaks to WJHL
- Johnson City Commission to appoint new member Thursday
- Hog Wild property donated to local non-profit
- Smithfield employee accused of urinating on production line
- Sullivan County volunteer fire chief steps down after DUI charge
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $900M
- Kingsport couple plans to visit 6 Disney parks on 2 coasts in 1 day
Pro-am on Thursday will raise money for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness foundationRead More »
Sanchez, had 308 all-purpose yards and 4 total touchdowns.Read More »
For the first time we're hearing from a grieving mother who said her teenage daughter died from a form of synthetic marijuana.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Patchy frost will be possible overnightRead More »
The Bucs defeated the Catamounts (10-10, 4-5 SoCon) in three sets (25-19, 25-20, 25-21) to earn their 12th sweep of the season.Read More »