JOHNSON CITY, TN (WJHL) - Johnson City police arrested a man on charges of aggravated assault after he reportedly struck an acquaintance with what has been described as a blunt object.
The fight was reported on Tuesday around 11:10 p.m.
The Johnson City Police Department reports, 50-year-old Steven Robinson struck the victim in the head during a fight, causing severe lacerations to the victim's head. The victim was taken to the hospital and treated for his injuries.
Robinson is being held at the Washington County Detention Center on a $21,000 bond.
- PHOTOS: FBI, Elizabethton police search for Carter County Bank robbery suspect
- Large police presence at the scene of Johnson City apartment complex
- NEW AT 6P: Former Bristol, Va., Councilman Fleenor speaks to WJHL
- Johnson City Commission to appoint new member Thursday
- Hog Wild property donated to local non-profit
- Smithfield employee accused of urinating on production line
- Sullivan County volunteer fire chief steps down after DUI charge
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs to $900M
- Kingsport couple plans to visit 6 Disney parks on 2 coasts in 1 day
Pro-am on Thursday will raise money for the Susan G. Komen breast cancer awareness foundationRead More »
Sanchez, had 308 all-purpose yards and 4 total touchdowns.Read More »
For the first time we're hearing from a grieving mother who said her teenage daughter died from a form of synthetic marijuana.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Patchy frost will be possible overnightRead More »
The Bucs defeated the Catamounts (10-10, 4-5 SoCon) in three sets (25-19, 25-20, 25-21) to earn their 12th sweep of the season.Read More »