JOHNSON CITY (WJHL) - The Johnson City Fire Department says a crew was dispatched to the scene of a pallet fire after a district chief saw it on News Channel 11's morning newscast.
The fire started around 5:30 a.m. on the 3000 block of North Roan Street Wednesday morning.
Firefighters were able to put out the fire before it was able to spread to a nearby substation.
Bright Ridge was notified of the fire. A spokesman says neither the substation nor nearby power lines were affected.
JCFD says the cause of the fire remains under investigation at this time.
Stay with News Channel 11 for the latest updates.
- Three fires in two days under investigation in Unicoi County
- Gambling addiction expert weighs in on Bristol casino concerns
- Carter County man arrested for kidnapping; Holds 10 hostage at gunpoint
- Northeast Correctional Complex on lockdown until 'at least' tomorrow; Injured officer 'OK'
- 2nd family in one day loses home to fire in Unicoi County
- 102-year-old Red Sox fan excited to attend her 4th World Series game
- ELECTION 2018: Dean questions gubernatorial opponent Lee's business assets
- NESCC, Tusculum sign new dual enrollment agreement
- Carter County sees record-breaking numbers for early voting
The Gate City volleyball team defeated Wise Central Monday, 3-1 in the opening round of the Mountain 7 tournament.Read More »
UNICOI COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) - Three major fires in less than two days in Unicoi County are all still under investigation as of Monday night.Read More »
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Northeast State Community College and Tusculum University announced Monday a new dual enrollment program between the schools to benefit the student population.Read More »
Democratic candidate for governor Karl Dean calls for his Republican counterpart Bill Lee to release more information about his company's contracts with the State of Tennessee and local governments, but while acknowledging "some state contracts" were not renewed, a Lee Company spokesperson today did not indicate any changes for the local contracts.Read More »