SODDY-DAISY, Tenn. (AP) - Two people have died in Tennessee a plane crash. Authorities say their bodies have been recovered from the wreckage after days of searching.
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office spokesman Matt Lea tells news outlets search teams found the single-engine plane Thursday afternoon in Chickamauga Lake. The crash was reported Monday.
Crews found some debris floating Monday night, but had stopped searching for the aircraft until daybreak because of dangerous conditions.
The people were identified by family in statements as 67-year-old Frank Davey and 55-year-old Lynda Marinello. They say Davey was the pilot and a retired Marine. Both were teachers at Notre Dame High School for several years and their families became close friends.
The sheriff's office says it'll work with federal authorities to investigate. But such federal probes are delayed amid the partial government shutdown.
- Lee County Schools files lawsuit against state for rejecting plan to arm teachers
- Sullivan County BOE meets with an attorney during a special called meeting
- Charge upgraded against woman accused of putting baby in freezer
- JCPD conducting school bus stop checks
- Scott County, VA mother sentenced for abuse that permanently blinded baby
- RECALL ALERT: FDA issues several recalls for dry dog food
- Day 2: Suspect's grandfather takes the stand at Sullivan County triple murder trial
- AAA: Gas prices rise slightly; Johnson City among highest in state
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Variable cloudy skies and cold overnight
Tennessee last won 11 straight in the 2007-08 season.Read More »
The current plan by the Sullivan County School Board is to use money from their fund balance for the sewer line from the school to Bristol's wastewater treatment.Read More »
Passing clouds and cold overnightRead More »
Steve Johnson, the developer of The Pinnacle retail development in Bristol, Tennessee is prepared to develop his property near Interstate 81's Exit 1 in Washington County, Virginia.Read More »