BRISTOL, Tenn. (WJHL) – Thrash metal band Slayer has entered the world of NASCAR.
The band is sponsoring the No. 54 Chevy for Saturday’s NRA Bass Pro Shops Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Slayer sponsored the car to promote the band’s farewell tour, the final leg of which will begin in Asheville on Saturday, November 2.
Driver of the No. 54, JJ Yeley, posted poll on Twitter asking fans which Slayer song he should pick for his driver introduction. “Raining Blood” won with 50% of the vote.
- Survey says 45% of Americans wear underwear for 2 days or longer
- 2019 ‘American Idol’ contestant to perform at Tusculum University August 22
- Hamblen County trustee indicted for multiple counts of failure to deposit public money
- Animal shelters offering reduced fees for pets to celebrate ‘Clear the Shelter Day’
- NC court may revisit middle-finger to trooper, traffic stop