And sad news to report tonight News Channel 11 sports has learned from several teammates that former ETSU Buccaneer star guard Alvin West died this morning, cause of death is not known.
The 49 year old west is the 26th leading scorer in the schools history and was a vital part of the ETSU five which turned the program around in the late 80's and early 90's.
The team rose to #10 in the country and they started a run of 4 consecutive trips to the NCAA tournament.
One again former ETSU Buccaneer Alvin West is dead at the age of 49.
- Bristol police officer honored at BMS night race
- Kurt Busch wins the Night Race at Bristol
- Police: Man arrested after hitting glass door while trying to flee
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Foggy Start With Scattered Showers & Storms Possible Today
- 2018 Play of the Week: WEEK ONE
- Boil water alert issued for Russell County, VA
- Kingsport Police investigating possible shooting
- Softball team honored by community after returning from Little League World Series
- Local girl returns to the Tri-Cities after 6 months of chemo
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
A man is facing charges after he tried to pass a counterfeit bill then ran into a glass door while trying to flee, according to police.Read More »
For the second week in a row, the ETSU football team held a Saturday night scrimmage under the lights inside William B. Greene, Jr. Stadium as part of its 2018 fall camp.Read More »
Friends and family gathered at the Carver Rec Center on Saturday for a big surprise sendoff for former ETSU basektball star, Tianna Tarter, who will be playing professional basketball overseas this year.Read More »