- August 17 — The Unicoi County Board of Education voted on July 30 to push back the start of the school year from Aug. 10 to Aug. 17 in order to give teachers extra time to prepare for virtual learning.
- Students will return to school on a staggered basis during the week of Aug. 17 to meet with teachers and obtain devices for remote learning.
- Teachers will begin online-only instruction on Aug. 24.
- Before Labor Day, an announcement will be made as to whether students can return to school for in-person classes.
- Click here to learn more.
- “all middle school and high school students as well as staff will be required to follow Unicoi County Mask Mandate guidelines. While in classrooms, students will either wear masks or distance approximately six feet apart. Elementary students are currently encouraged to wear masks but not required. Elementary staff will be required to follow mandate guidelines.”
Remote Learning Options Available?