KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Phase 2 of the reopening process starts tomorrow in Knoxville and Knox County following shutdowns to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.
Phase 2 essentially builds on phase 1, which allows for more businesses to reopen; including:
- Pools and water venues
- Food truck parks
- Athletic courts
- Movie theaters
- Laser tag facilities
- Bowling alleys
While these places are allowed to be open, it will not be business as usual with many health and safety restrictions still in place to help prevent the spread of the virus. There are still several “active” COVID-19 cases within the county as of Monday, May 25.
Earlier this month, the Knox County Health Department released its benchmarks for the phased reopening plan that compiles data and metrics in order to ascertain the reopening process.
Continuing coverage of the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic.
- Tennessee native Justin Timberlake calls for removal of Confederate monuments
- Tennessee doctors: Make masks mandatory, enforce rules
- US sets single-day record for new coronavirus cases with over 60,000
- ‘I’m a grown woman. I know better’: Woman caught on camera making racist remarks at Black Lives Matter protest apologizes
- Rogersville mayor releases statement ahead of planned Saturday protest, says violence will not be tolerated