HOLLYWOOD (WFLA) — For the first time ever, entertainment superstar Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson has publicly endorsed a presidential candidate.
Johnson, who says he’s a centrist who has voted for each party in the past, announced his endorsement of Joe Biden for president on his social media Sunday morning.
“Progress takes courage, humanity, empathy, strength, KINDNESS & RESPECT,” he said.
The tweet is accompanied by a video, where Johnson has a virtual sit-down discussion with Biden and running mate Kamala Harris.
“You guys are both obviously experienced to lead, you’ve done great things,” he said to the candidates. “Joe you’ve had such an incredible career, you’ve led, in my opinion, with great compassion, and heart, and drive, but also soul.”
Johnson deemed Harris a “certified bad ass,” citing her rise through the ranks from attorney to US Senator.
Johnson’s first question for Biden and Harris was, “How will you earn the respect of the American people?”
You can watch the video below.
- Final Scores & Highlights: Week 10 high school football games
- 24K gold chicken wings sold at new restaurant in Missouri
- UT will not offer pass/fail grading system amid challenging second semester during pandemic
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total
- Virginia unveils new funding and new details for COVID-19 vaccination plan