(WJHL) — The votes are in following Primary Elections Tuesday in the Tri-Cities. News Channel 11 compiled a list of the GOP Primary winners for county commission seats.
- Incumbents Robert Acuff and Willie Campbell held their seats in the GOP primary for District 1. Nick Holder ousted Mark Blevins. All three will appear on the August ballot alongside Independent David Nichols.
- District 4 Commission primary winners include Danny Deal, Incumbent Jerry Proffitt and Gary Kemp. They will appear unopposed on the August General Election ballot.
- Donnie Cable, Todd Smith and Pattie Duffield won the primary for District 6 Commission seats. All three Republicans will appear on the August ballot alongside Independent John Lewis.
- District 2 Commission primary winners include Incumbent Brad Peters and Chase Murray. Incumbent Joshua Arrowood beat Alan Marsh for the third seat. The winners will face no opposition on the August ballot.
- Incumbents Jason Cobble, Jan Kiker and Robin Quillen won top votes in the District 3 Commission primaries. The race will appear uncontested on the August Ballot.
- Top votes in the District 4 Commission primary include Tim Smithson, and incumbents William Dabbs and Lyle Parton. These winners will appear on the August ballot alongside Democrat Amanda Beamer.
- District 5 Commission primary winners include incumbents Gary Shelton, Lloyd Bowers and Pamela Carpenter. The three will appear alongside Independent Dana Wilds on the August ballot.
- Lisa Anderson and incumbents Teddy Lawing and Paul Burkey won the primary for District 7 Commission seats. The three winners will face no opposition on the August ballot.
- District 3 Commission primary winners include incumbents Danny Alvis and Charles Thacker. Alvis and Thacker will face no opposition in the August General Election.
- Joshua Gilliam and Chad Britton won the primary for the District 4 Commission seats. They will face no opposition in the August General Election.
- Incumbents Jason Roach and Glenda Davis nearly tied in votes (727 and 712, respectively), winning the District 5 Commission primary against challenger Mark Linkous. They will face no opposition in the August General Election.
- Incumbent Rick Brewer did not garner enough votes to appear on the August ballot of the District 6 Commission General Election. Incumbents Nancy Barker and Larry Clonce will face no opposition on the August ballot.
- District 7 Commission primary winners include Joey Maddox and Robert Palmer II. They will face no opposition on the August ballot.
- David Hayes won the District 1 Commission primary and will face no opposition in August.
- Incumbent Mark Vance lost his District 2 Commission seat. Winners included Cheryl Harvey, incumbent David Akard III and Matt Slagle. The three GOP primary winners will face no opposition on the August ballot.
- Incumbents Joyce Crosswhite, Michael Cole and Tony Leonard all maintained their seats on the District 4 Commission and will face no opposition in August.
- Incumbents Hershel Glover and Dwight King won the District 5 Commission primary. They will face no opposition in the August General Election.
- Both incumbents lost their seats in the District 6 Primary. Zane Vanover, Jessica Means and Daniel Horne won and will face no opposition in the August General Election.
- Incumbent Samuel Jones and Travis Ward won the two seats available for District 7. Their names will appear alongside Democrat Lori Love on the August ballot.
- Mark Ireson and incumbent Darlene Calton won the District 8 seats in the primary. They will appear on the August General Election ballot unopposed.
- Joe Carr and Joseph McMurray will appear on the District 9 Commission ballot in August along with Independent Randall Bowers.
- Incumbents John Gardner, Hunter Locke and Archie Piece will face no opposition in the August General Election for District 11 Commission.
- Tim Lingerfelt and incumbents Loren Thomas and Jamies Harris won the District 1 Commission seats in the Primary Election.
- Richard Tucker won the seat in the District 1 Commission primary and will be the only candidate on the ballot in the August election.
- Marty Johnson won the GOP Primary for the District 2 Commission seat as Kent Harris did not seek reelection. Johnson will face Independent Billy Austin in the August General Election.
- Josh Edens narrowly won the District 4 Commission seat in the May Primary Election. Danny Edens, who previously held the seat, ran for county clerk and lost against Cheryl Storey.
- Lewis Wexler Jr. won the District 12 Commission seat as the previous seat holder, Robert Tester, ran for county mayor and lost against incumbent Joe Grandy.
- The District 15 Commission seat has been vacant since the death of Commissioner Mike Ford in December. In the May Primary Election, Ben Carder won the seat and will be the only candidate for the seat on the August ballot.
Incumbent 8th District Commissioner Freddie Malone is unopposed but will face Independent Scott Keith Holly in August. In the 10th District, Commissioner David Tomita will face Democrat Ben Putland and Independent Donald Feathers Jr. in the General Election.
Only two Democrats qualified in Washington County to appear on the Primary Election ballot — incumbent Jodi Jones, who is running unopposed for the 11th District seat and Ben Putland.
News Channel 11 is Your Local Election Headquarters. For in-depth coverage of the races and election news, head to the Your Local Election HQ page.