KNOXVILLE (WATE) – More than 20,000 biscuit lovers made their way to Downtown Knoxville for the International Biscuit Festival.
Biscuit bakers will create their spin on the southern staple during the International Biscuit Festival Saturday morning. WATE 6 On Your Side has the distinct honor of partnering with Oliver Royale to serve the event-exclusive biscuit, “Oliver Royale Sweet Southern BBQ Biscuit.” This sweet and savory masterpiece is sure to satisfy all of your biscuit cravings.More online: Meet the biscuit-maker: WATE 6 On Your Side partners with Oliver Royale at Biscuit Festival
The signature biscuits are not the only thing that draws more than 20,000 foodies to downtown Knoxville each year. Several other “must see” events will take place before and during the festival including the Miss or Mister Biscuit Pageant, the Biscuit Baking Contest, the Biscuit Songwriting Competition, the Biscuit Art Exhibition and the Biscuit Bash.
Here are a list of the winners:
- Matt Sandbank was named the Grand Champion of the Southern Biscuit Flour Biscuit Baking, winning over 11 other competitors.
- Maisie Styles won in the student category.
- Paige Sandbank won in the savory category.
- Felice Bogus won the special category.
- The Critic’s Choice Award went to Deep South Biscuit Co. of Atlanta, Georgia.
- The Last Biscuit Standing went to Alex Belew Catering of Nashville.
- Blue Coast Bar & Grill received the Best Biscuit Booth Award.
- Griffin Cavender Vann was the winner of the Biscuit Songwriting Competition.
Individual tickets for the Biscuit Boulevard will go on sale Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 8:30 am at the Biscuit Festival Information Booth and at the Biscuit Baking Tent. Tickets are $10 and give you the opportunity to try five different biscuit creations.
- WATE/Oliver Royale – Oliver Royale Sweet Southern BBQ Biscuit
- Southern Biscuit Flour – Southern Biscuit Flour Ready Mix Formula L
- Swaggerty Sausage with Crowne Plaza – Swaggerty Between the Biscuit
- Windows on the Park – Chocolate Strawberry Celebration
- Alex Belew Catering – The Southern Boy
- Deep South Biscuit Company – Ricky Bobby
- Blue Coast Grill & Bar – Soda Pop Biscuit
- Prewitt’s Flour Shop – Butter My Biscuit
- Murray’s Cheeses – Heirloom Apple Butter Biscuit
- Cacao Sweets & Treats – Sausage and Blueberry Brunch Biscuit
- Lonesome Dove – Wild Boar Toad in the Hole
- Tupelo Honey – Strawberry Shortcake Biscuit
- Marble City Kitchen – The Bourbon and Blue Biscuit
- B97.5/Oli Bea – Biscuit #5
- Primo Italiano Ristorante – Boss Hog biscuit and The Gambino biscuit