NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Department of Human Services is extending the deadline for families to apply for food assistance amid the ongoing pandemic.
The deadline to apply for the pandemic electronic benefit transfer program is now Monday, July 13 at 5:30 p.m.
The program provides parents with $5.70 in food benefits per child each day that child qualifies Families that receive SNAP or TANF benefits do not need to apply.
The program is designed to help reduce meal costs for families with school children since schools were closed due to the pandemic earlier this year.
- Visits to Las Vegas may have fueled coronavirus spread, study finds
- Newsfeed Now: The race to get vaccinations ahead of COVID variants, fan scores with TikTok NFL style reviews
- Federal government’s secret coronavirus reports unsealed: View your state’s data
- Oregon drivers stuck in snow get soon-to-expire vaccines
- The ‘Wolf Moon’ will rise in the sky this week – here’s how you can best view it