Roane Co. woman on oxygen catches self on fire while smoking

News
SMOKE_SMOKING_generic_Pixabay_1555369722847-727168854.jpg

KINGSTON, Tenn. (WATE) – A Roane County woman, who was on oxygen, caught herself on fire while smoking in bed early Monday morning, according to authorities.

Kingston fire, police and first responders went to the scene at 3:45 a.m. on a report of a woman who’d caught herself on fire while smoking with oxygen in use. They arrived on the scene at E. Race Street finding the woman with burns on her head. There was no fire damage to the building she was in. 

Kingston Fire Assistant Chief Goss told WATE 6 On Your Side the woman suffered mostly facial burns. 

The woman was initially taken to a local hospital and then transported to Vanderbilt University Medical Center Regional Burn Center for treatment. 

No word still on her current condition. 

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss