(WFXR) – Can you smell the scent of the turkey cooking in the oven yet?
Thanksgiving is quickly approaching and, for those cooking at home, you might be interested in how much you should expect to shell out to feed the family.
According to the Virginia Farm Bureau, you can figure on $6.03 per person which is based on a menu featuring turkey, ham, potatoes, stuffing, and other traditional Thanksgiving favorites.
This year’s cost is actually down nearly $4.00 from last year.
The Virginia Farm Bureau says that despite the ongoing pandemic, Virginia farmers have come through admirably to put food on our tables for the holiday.
- HMG Health Matters: Mission Agape
- Tennessee saw a 36% increase in tornadoes last decade, but that’s not the whole story
- Local home sales continue to rise
- FLOTUS to visit Nashville to encourage vaccinations as TN rates remain low amid Delta variant threat
- Raiders player Carl Nassib announces he’s gay in Instagram video