Students in one Chesterfield County, Virginia class got an unplanned, up close and personal lesson on reptiles.
A Clover Hill Elementary School teacher found a snake on top of her classroom phone on Monday.
The teacher thought it was a prank by another teacher, and grabbed what she thought was a rubber snake. But she soon realized her mistake when the snake stuck out its tongue and started wiggling.
Her screams brought help from the custodians and a watchdog dad who got the snake out of the room.
No one was hurt, and it was not a poisonous snake.
There’s no word yet on how the snake got into the classroom.