RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) – With less than two weeks until Election Day, all eyes are on Virginia’s tight race for governor. Today during the 8News and Urban One Gubernatorial Forum, the leading candidates shared more information about where they stand on key issues.
Democrat Terry McAuliffe and Republican Glenn Youngkin were each allowed 30 minutes to answer questions on a variety of topics including education, economic growth, Critical Race Theory, abortion, the grocery tax and more. The candidates also shared their own messages for Virginia’s voters.
The forum was moderated by Urban One Radio’s Clovia Lawrence and 8News Anchor Eric Philips and held at the Black History Museum and Cultural Center of Virginia.
The forum will be available to watch in its entirety on this page later this evening.
- McAuliffe and Youngkin are tied in Virginia governor’s race less than two weeks from Election Day, new poll shows
- McAuliffe holds financial edge over Youngkin as Virginia governor’s race shatters fundraising record
- Candidates for VA governor bring out heavy hitters as election day approaches
- New poll shows where Virginia voters stand on key issues in the governor’s race
- McAuliffe, Youngkin pressed to answer questions on education, abortion, policing in gubernatorial roundtable
- ‘I should be on stage!’: Princess Blanding responds after interrupting gubernatorial debate