SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A 74-year-old woman’s body was found after crews extinguished a house fire that occurred Jan. 1 in Sevier County, sheriff’s officials confirmed Wednesday afternoon.
According to SCSO, a house fire on Whites School Road in Sevierville occurred around 5 a.m. New Year’s Day. Local fire departments responded to the scene and extinguished the blaze.
The woman’s body was found inside the burned structure, SCSO said, and was the sole occupant of the home.
SCSO officials tentatively identified the woman as Brenda Norris, 74, of Sevierville. Her body was transported to the University of Tennessee Forensic Center for an autopsy.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Storm Team 11: Mostly cloudy and showers around this weekend
- Final Scores & Highlights: Week 10 high school football games
- 24K gold chicken wings sold at new restaurant in Missouri
- UT will not offer pass/fail grading system amid challenging second semester during pandemic
- 50 million and counting: 11 days out, early voting in 2020 surpasses 2016 total