SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A 74-year-old woman’s body was found after crews extinguished a house fire that occurred Jan. 1 in Sevier County, sheriff’s officials confirmed Wednesday afternoon.
According to SCSO, a house fire on Whites School Road in Sevierville occurred around 5 a.m. New Year’s Day. Local fire departments responded to the scene and extinguished the blaze.
The woman’s body was found inside the burned structure, SCSO said, and was the sole occupant of the home.
SCSO officials tentatively identified the woman as Brenda Norris, 74, of Sevierville. Her body was transported to the University of Tennessee Forensic Center for an autopsy.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- LIVE: DA Allen presents evidence, video from officer-involved shooting at Austin-East
- Tennessee lawmakers pass new transgender ‘bathroom bill’
- Search continues for missing Buchanan County man
- Bluff City man indicted on aggravated sexual exploitation of a minor charge
- Factory making J&J vaccine was dirty, improperly run, FDA inspection found