NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency has announced plans to participate in operation dry water once again this year.
In a statement, the TWRA says the operation will begin on Friday, July 3 and run through Sunday, July 5.
The goal of the operation is to crack down on boating while under the influence. Along with limiting alcohol consumption, officers want to emphasize the importance life jackets while on the water.
Last year, there was one boating-related fatality and nine boating under the influence arrests made across the state during the operation.
- Wofford gets the best of ETSU on the diamond, doubleheader scheduled for Sunday
- Storm Team 11: Brighter Sunday as sunshine returns, Still a gusty breeze
- Virginia Kickoff: Union stuns top-seeded Graham, advances to face Wise Central in 2nd round
- Former ETSU hoops player Damari Monsanto transfers to Wake Forest
- Maury County Mule Day: How the celebration has evolved