NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WJHL) – The Tennessee Department of Health says it is now aware of 10 cases of vaping-associated respiratory illness as of Thursday.
According to TDH, there have been five cases in East Tennessee, four in Middle Tennessee, and one in West Tennessee.
Last week, the department reported six cases of suspected serious respiratory disease among people who use electronic cigarettes or other vaping devices.
This comes amid increasing concern about possible hazardous health effects of vaping.
State and federal health officials are investigating hundreds of lung illnesses reported in people who have used e-cigs or vaping devices.
- Chick-fil-A on Peoples Street in Johnson City reopening September 26
- Striping company owner calls crooked Lovers Lane lines “freak accident”
- Cynn Chadwick’s New Novel
- Surveillance video from Elizabethton Airport shows moments leading up to Dale Jr. plane crash
- Tennessee Department of Health details rabies cases; vaccination clinic scheduled