KOXVILLE (WATE) – A suspect was injured following an officer-involved shooting Saturday afternoon in Knoxville.
The TBI identifying the suspect as 36-year-old Zacharaih Allen.
KPD responded to a domestic-related burglary in progress in the 4300-block of Immanuel street in South Knoxville.
When they arrived, Allen was found on the scene with a knife.
Officers used a taser in an attempt to take the man into custody. However, the taser was ineffective. Allen began to attack officers while armed with the knife.
At that time, a KPD officer fired his department issued handgun, striking Allen. He was taken to UT Medical Center for treatment. The extent of injuries are unknown.
No officers were injured. The TBI is investigating this incident.
- Happy Valley and Sullivan North shut down football during COVID-19 pandemic
- Hokies respond to their testing during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Dobyns-Bennett football works out for the 2nd day in pads
- U.S. Senate candidates make last-minute push for votes in Tri-Cities
- Johnson City School Board to vote Monday on approving fall contact sports