KOXVILLE (WATE) – A suspect was injured following an officer-involved shooting Saturday afternoon in Knoxville.
The TBI identifying the suspect as 36-year-old Zacharaih Allen.
KPD responded to a domestic-related burglary in progress in the 4300-block of Immanuel street in South Knoxville.
When they arrived, Allen was found on the scene with a knife.
Officers used a taser in an attempt to take the man into custody. However, the taser was ineffective. Allen began to attack officers while armed with the knife.
At that time, a KPD officer fired his department issued handgun, striking Allen. He was taken to UT Medical Center for treatment. The extent of injuries are unknown.
No officers were injured. The TBI is investigating this incident.
- Oklahoma lawmaker files bill for Bigfoot hunting season
- Local businesses, agencies partake in viral Bernie Sanders meme trend
- Storm Team 11: Few showers today before a soggy Monday morning commute
- Monarch butterfly population moves closer to extinction
- Ballad Health: 195 patients hospitalized due to COVID-19