MADISONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — A traffic stop in Monroe County led deputies to a home where 650 grams of methamphetamines were discovered, according to Sheriff Tommy Jones.
On Monday, deputies stopped a car they spotted leaving a known drug trafficking location, along Reagan Valley Road in Tellico Plains.
During the stop, deputies searched the car and found more than $22,000 in alleged drug money. After that, deputies searched the home and found approximately 650 grams of (ice) methamphetamine.
Right now, charges are pending on several individuals as the investigation continues.
- Storm Team 11: Scattered showers will be around this afternoon
- Kingsport Speedway opens up the season with a full slate of racing
- Vanderbilt behind pitcher Kumar Rocker shuts out Tennessee 5-0
- Virginia Kickoff: Union beats Wise Central in Region 2D, Abingdon falls in 3D
- Buffs beat Bulldogs with a little late magic