GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Gatlinburg will get a visit from U.S. Second Lady Karen Pence on Tuesday as the Great Smoky Mountains enters the second phase of reopening.
Pence will join Deputy Secretary of the Interior Katharine MacGregor to reopen roads to Clingmans Dome, tour the observation tower there and visit with park employees.
In light of mental health awareness month, she will also deliver remarks to community and business leaders and will speak about how the outdoors is beneficial to people’s mental health.
- Trail Notes: Head in the clouds
- Non-compliant fans pose challenge for high school football officials trying to follow COVID-19 regulations
- Buffalo Police officers no longer have to wear their names on their uniforms
- What are some of the nationwide solutions to help students most in need during the pandemic?
- Kingsport City Schools embraces return to in-person learning five days a week