Two aquariums in Tennessee have been named among the best in the nation.
The Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies ranked second only to the Wonders of Wildlife Aquarium in Springfield, Missouri in USA’s Top Ten Best Reader’s Choice Awards.
The Tennessee Aquarium was ranked fifth, just one month after reopening to the public.
Tennessee Aquarium President and CEO Keith Sanford said they are so grateful to their followers and fans who helped them finish strong in the contest.
“We’re so grateful to our followers and fans, who helped us finish strong in this contest,” Tennessee Aquarium President and CEO Keith Sanford said in an announcement of the contest results. “It’s extremely gratifying to see this recognition of our team’s expertise, enthusiasm and dedication to our mission.”Tennessee Aquarium President and CEO Keith Sanford
The Tennessee Aquarium came in ninth on the USA Today list in 2019 and seventh in 2018.
The list featured 20 facilities nominated by a panel of experts. Winners were selected by popular vote.
- A Broadway performer on how he’s making it work during the pandemic
- Friends of murdered Tulane Police Officer Martinus Mitchum remember him as a hero
- Officer murdered after man denied entry for not wearing a mask
- Tips from a pro photographer on how to get the ultimate Instagram-worthy shot
- LIVE: Trump speaks at CPAC in first post-White House appearance