CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WATE) – Peyton Manning is launching a premium bourbon distilled right here in East Tennessee along with a celebrity ownership group.
The inaugural Sweetens Cove Tennessee straight bourbon whiskey goes on sale next Tuesday. The 13-year aged bourbon is named for Sweetens Cove Golf Club located outside of Chattanooga.
500 bottles will be offered with the inaugural batch. A total of 14,000 bottles will be distributed worldwide with a pre-sale for Tennessee residents beginning on May 26.
A bottle of the special bourbon costs $200.
According to an interview with Golf Digest, Manning owns the distillery along with former tennis star Andy Roddick, CBS announcer Jim Nantz, country star Drew Holcomb and a small group of investors.
- Elizabethton punches ticket to state title game with Nolensville win
- Science Hill picks up a sweep, Hardee’s Classic continues on Friday
- Jonesborough rings in holiday season with Christmas tree lighting ceremony despite pandemic
- Storm Team 11: Enjoy the warmer temperatures this weekend before frigid air moves in
- WATCH: Cute critters play with some pumpkins donated to the Mill Mountain Zoo