CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (WATE) – Peyton Manning is launching a premium bourbon distilled right here in East Tennessee along with a celebrity ownership group.
The inaugural Sweetens Cove Tennessee straight bourbon whiskey goes on sale next Tuesday. The 13-year aged bourbon is named for Sweetens Cove Golf Club located outside of Chattanooga.
500 bottles will be offered with the inaugural batch. A total of 14,000 bottles will be distributed worldwide with a pre-sale for Tennessee residents beginning on May 26.
A bottle of the special bourbon costs $200.
According to an interview with Golf Digest, Manning owns the distillery along with former tennis star Andy Roddick, CBS announcer Jim Nantz, country star Drew Holcomb and a small group of investors.
- Pelosi on George Floyd death: ‘We saw a murder’
- Group in Johnson City rallies in support after Minneapolis violence
- Data show continued unemployment claims stuck at high level
- Kayakers find deer swimming two miles from shore in Lake Erie, steer it to safety
- Kingsport PD attempting to locate missing 16-year-old who may be in NC