KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Knoxville Police Department is investigating an early morning shooting in East Knoxville that left one person dead.
KPD says that officers responded to a call of a shooting in the 3600 block of Lilac Avenue just before 2 a.m. on Saturday.
Officers found an adult male who was pronounced dead at the scene.
KPD’s Violent Crimes Unit is now investigating this incident.
As more information becomes available in this developing story, we will keep you updated.
- Washington Huddle: Jake’s Fantasy Takes Week 7
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Local teams fall in the volleyball state tournament, while Greeneville wins regional soccer title
- Big Game Preview features Daniel Boone and David Crockett in the Musket Bowl
- Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes, fiancée Brittany Matthews say they’re having a baby girl