MEMPHIS, Tenn. (WATE) – A snake will be put on display for educational purposes after it was run over by a truck in West Tennessee.
The copperhead in Hardeman County was 49-inches long, which is just three inches shy of a world record for that species.
Officials say people should not be concerned about going into the woods, but they should be careful.
The snake has been donated to the TWRA.
Keep in mind, it’s against the law to intentionally kill venomous snakes in Tennessee.
- Golf Acres neighborhood holds 41st annual ‘Lights for Jesus’
- The Skid Continues for ETSU WBB, Dropping its Third-Straight
- Kingsport live nativity scene draws hundreds downtown
- Storm Team 11: Big warm up Monday with a flood threat near the Cumberland Plateau, Most rain holds off until Monday night elsewhere
- Chuy Bravo, sidekick of Chelsea Handler, dies suddenly at 63