DANDRIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are at the scene of a Dandridge house fire that killed two people on Wednesday.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office criminal investigators along with bomb and arson investigators with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are on the scene of a double fatal house fire on Scarlett Road in Dandridge. Crews first responded to the scene around 6:40 a.m. Wednesday.
Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Coffey told WATE’s Blake Stevens that a mother and son were killed in the blaze. Foul play is not suspected based on preliminary findings, he said.
Sheriff Coffey also said the house was not equipped with a fire alarm.
An active investigation is ongoing. No other information was immediately available.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Strutting for Strays: Community to host glow walk to raise money for stray cats
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington
- U.S. Naval Air Forces say aircrew did not survive plane crash in Magnolia Springs
- Lebanon, Virginia man pleads guilty to illegal possession of firearm