KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A grand jury has indicted the mother of a six-month-old child killed found dead in a car at a Knoxville grocery store on murder and neglect charges, Knoxville police announced Friday.
Chantae Cabrera, 30, was indicted by a grand jury Wednesday for first-degree murder, felony murder and aggravated child neglect after a week-long criminal investigation involving the Department of Child Services. She was taken into custody without incident by members of the Smoky Mountain Fugitive Task Force.
Cabrera’s six-month-old son was found deceased in a vehicle located at the Food City on Clinton Highway on August 9.
There are no further details at this time. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Your Weekly Constitutional: What constitutes a ‘national emergency’
- Storm Team 11: Sunny and nice today before clouds and cooler weather return in a hurry
- Patrick Henry Advances to State Semifinals
- Samford Inflicts Revenge on ETSU in Regular Season Finale
- Eastside, Tazewell Stumble in the First Round of the Playoffs