MONROE COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – Heavy rain trapped one man on the roof of his car in Monroe County early Thursday.
Monroe County Dispatch confirmed a man called 9-1-1 around midnight to report the flooding along Murray’s Chapel Road.
RELATED: How to drive safely in the rain
Dispatchers coached him out of his car safely during the flooding and onto the car roof to wait for rescue crews.
After about an hour and a half, the man was successfully rescued. No injuries have been reported.
- Pet hospice services help manage pain, anxiety and tough decisions in final days
- Why you should stop waiting to sell your home
- VDH: 27 new COVID-19 cases, 2 new deaths reported in Southwest Virginia
- Variants and vaccines: How worried should we be?
- Storm Team 11: Windy and warm today with record heat, strong storms tonight