SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A person is dead Sunday night after police say he drowned in the Little Pigeon River.
The Sevierville Police Department says that they received a 911 call around 8 p.m. saying a man had jumped into the Little Pigeon River and never resurfaced.
A spokesperson says a body was recovered around 9:20 p.m.
The Sevierville Police Department is asking motorists to avoid Redbank Road off of Pittman Center as it is blocked off for emergency personnel only at this time.
The identity of the victim has not been released at this time.
- Washington County Virginia Democrats to host candlelight vigil for Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Sen. Martha Blackburn responds to death of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Storm Team 11: Stretch of fall-like weather settles into region
- TDH: Large active COVID-19 case drop reported in Johnson County; no new COVID-19 deaths in NETN
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Pres. Trump intercepted by law enforcement