KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man wanted on attempted murder charges in Los Angeles, Calif. has been arrested in Knoxville on Saturday.
22-year-old Markess Coleman was arrested by KPD around 12:15 p.m. on Saturday.
KPD reporting this past week they learned that the suspect was in Knoxville, and were able to learn that he was in West Knoxville on Gunnison Way.
A search warrant was acquired and on Saturday, KPD executed the warrant finding Coleman, and arresting him without incident.
After searching the residence, officers found three handguns, one assault rifle, and a quarter kilo of white powdery substance, believed to be cocaine and/or fentanyl.
Coleman is awaiting extradition from Los Angeles County in the Knox County Detention Facility.
- Now that Biden is president, here’s when you could get that $1,400 stimulus check
- WATCH: Jennifer Lopez sings ‘This Land Is Your Land’ and ‘America the Beautiful’ at Biden inauguration
- Florida lawmaker wants to rename highway ‘President Donald J. Trump Highway’
- WATCH: Garth Brooks calls for unity in ‘Amazing Grace’ inauguration performance
- Why was purple significant at the inauguration?