KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE: Knoxville Police reports that a shooting on Homberg Drive left multiple people injured Friday night.
KPD says that officers responded to reports of multiple shots fired in the area around the Stillhouse Tavern on Homberg Drive just before 9:30 p.m. Friday.
When officers arrived that found an adult male with a gunshot wound that didn’t seem to be life-threatening and was transported to a local hospital.
KPD’s Violent Crime Unit responded to the scene to investigate, and learned that two other male victims were being treated at UT Medical Center for gunshot wounds that do not appear to be life-threatening.
KPD says the preliminary investigation shows that numerous individuals fired shots outside of the tavern for unknown reasons and fled.
This is an active investigation, if anyone has any information they’re asked to call 865-215-7212.
We will update you as we learn more.
Officers responded to a shooting Friday night in the 4900 block of Homberg Drive.
Dispatch says the call came in around 9:30 p.m, at least one person was injured in the incident and was transported to a local hospital by EMS.
This is a developing story.
- Protests continue for a seventh night in Johnson City
- Kingsport prayer vigil held to bring spirituality in fight against racism
- Dobyns-Bennett returning to the practice field with experience
- Tennessee black legislative leaders plead with colleagues for racial understanding
- Storm Team 11 Forecast: Variable cloudy skies tonight and tomorrow with scattered showers and thunderstorms Thursday afternoon and evening