KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville police said Wednesday afternoon its agency was investigating the death of a premature baby.
According to Knoxville Police Department officials, KPD Violent Crimes Unit and Special Crimes Unit investigators responded to the apartment complex located in the 1700 block of Kim Watt Drive around 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, where the body of a deceased male premature infant was found inside a residence.
KPD saying the incident is “currently being investigated as an unknown/suspicious death and all involved parties are identified.”
The Knox County Medical Examiner took custody of the infant’s body to be examined at the Regional Forensics Center.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made known by officials.
- Three Home Runs Lift Tigers over Bucs
- Handful of Tri-Cities teams keep their season alive, moving to region finals
- Hooks, Davis each capture SoCon postseason accolades
- Bristol, Va. School Board tables lawsuit against Gov. Ralph Northam over stadium capacity
- New York is ready for a new governor in 2022, NewsNation poll finds