KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Joel Guy, the Knoxville man accused of murdering and dismembering his parents in 2016, wants to act as his own counsel.
That’s according to the newest motion filed by Guy’s defense attorneys on Tuesday, with a hearing on that motion is set for Wednesday morning.
Guy is accused of murdering and dismembering his parents at their West Knox County home over the 2016 Thanksgiving holiday. He’s facing charges of first-degree murder, felony murder and abuse of a corpse.
A jury should be selected by Friday and testimony is scheduled to begin on Monday.
- Authorities confirm two dead after plane crash in Magnolia Springs
- Lebanon, Virginia man pleads guilty to illegal possession of firearm
- “It’s not something to fool around with”: Weeks after contracting COVID-19, businessman Richard Tetrick still hospitalized
- Police responding to shooting in Pigeon Forge
- Tennessee Highway Patrol officer involved in crash on Oak Ridge Highway