KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The famous Dolly Parton Mural near downtown Knoxville has finished its restoration.
Dogwood Arts took on the project after the Knoxville landmark was defaced last week.
Local artist Megan Lingerfelt was responsible for the restoration, which she says was an honor.
WATE 6 On Your Side and News Channel 11 are glad Dolly has been fixed.
Of note, several other paintings were touched up on Wednesday as well.
- One new COVID-19 death, 28 new cases reported in Northeast Tennessee on Monday
- VIDEO: Thousands of starfish wash up on Navarre Beach after Hurricane Sally
- ‘We’re just kind of in different places right now’: V-T series between Bearcats and Vikings halted through 2022
- Photos: 27 unopened coffins unearthed at Egypt’s Saqqara pyramid
- US Marshals recover 35 missing Ohio children