KINGSTON, Tenn. (WATE) – Authorities are investigating after a home explosion with injuries was reported in Kingston Monday morning.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Kingston Police and area fire crews are working a house explosion in the 700 block of Gallaher Road, according to 9th Judicial District Attorney General Russell Johnson.
Injuries were reported, according to the Roane County Sheriff’s Office. The conditions of any victims were not immediately available.
A photo of a fiery explosion was captured by motorist at about 4:15 a.m. and submitted to Attorney General Johnson.
A large police and fire presence is currently at the scene. Southbound traffic on Gallaher Road in the area is being affected.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update details as they become available.
- Stimulus checks: Hours left to cut deal with $1,200 direct payments before Election Day
- Knox County mayor’s chief of staff resigns, parks & rec director fired amid misconduct investigation
- Spotlight on Branch House Family Justice Center
- Commonwealth’s Attorney: 65-year-old Norton man to serve 4 years for ‘indecent liberties’ with child
- Tennessee COVID trend among nation’s worst — NE TN not helping matters