GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – Great Smoky Mountains National Park reports rangers responded to a fatal motorcycle accident along Newfound Gap Road around 6 p.m. on Saturday.
GSMNP says that a 17-year-old male from Dickson County was traveling north when he lost control of his motorcycle on a curve and veered into oncoming traffic, colliding with a sedan and an SUV.
The motorcyclist died as a result of his injuries.
Rangers and Gatlinburg Fire Department responded, and found the patient unresponsive, and he was pronounced dead at 6:13 p.m.
There were no other injuries reported and no additional information is available at this time.
- Storm Team 11: Hot with spotty storm chance Monday
- I-485 North shut down after 5 killed, 4 injured in tragic crash
- Regional counties implement mask mandate in all courthouses until August 1
- ‘Bristol, A Good Place to Live’: Sign celebrates 110th birthday
- Places of worship told to stop singing, chanting as COVID-19 cases spike in California