MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Residents in Memphis got a scare Friday night when they heard and saw several explosions coming from a low-flying plane over their homes.
One person on Nextdoor reported seeing six to seven large fireballs from the plane as it approached from the south around 6:30. Others said the booms shook their houses.
FedEx Express confirmed Friday night that there was an issue just after takeoff on one of its flights headed to Minneapolis.
A company spokesperson said the plane turned back to the Memphis airport and landed without incident. There were no injuries.
Maintenance crews were checking the aircraft, the company said.
- ‘We’re all kind of lost without our leader’: Community remembers gym owner lost in fatal crash
- Abingdon-based Dharma Pharmaceuticals under new ownership
- Numerous emails, Noland responses urged dialogue in wake of anthem kneeling incident
- FDA authorizes Pfizer vaccine for emergency use in children as young as 12
- Variable cloudy skies with patchy drizzle and fog – Sun, clouds and warmer temperatures Tuesday