KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tickets for the Knoxville date of Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour sold out in under two hours Friday.
Management for Thompson-Boling Arena, the concert venue, sent an email announcing tickets for the June 6, 2020 show had sold out at 11:39 a.m., just one hour and 39 minutes after they became available.
The arena has a capacity of over 20,000.
According to setlist.fm, Elton John last performed in Knoxville in 1997 at Thompson-Boling Arena. He also performed at the old University of Tennessee basketball arena, the Stokley Athletics Center, in 1973.
The Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour began in September 2018 and consists of over 300 shows across five continents.
- Mayors push House coronavirus panel for additional federal relief
- Pal’s Photo in a Flash winner May 29th
- ETSU pharmacy school to hold webinar series for prospective students
- JCPenney reopens in the Mall at Johnson City with limited hours
- Lawmaker on Trump deeming churches essential: ‘It’s not safe to be in groups of that size’