Child electrocuted while playing in the rain near downtown Nashville

Tennessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A child was electrocuted while playing in the rain near downtown Nashville Sunday night.  

It happened around 8:30 p.m. on University Court close to the J.C. Napier homes.  

  • University Court electrocution
  • University Court electrocution
  • University Court electrocution

The Nashville Fire Department told sister station News 2 that the child was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. 

Crews were originally called the scene for a reported crash but first-responders quickly determined the child was injured by an electrical hazard.

The child was barefoot and tripped on a down power line, according to the Nashville Fire Department.

Nearly 1,300 Nashville Electric Service customers were without power in the immediate area as storms moved through Middle Tennessee. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss