NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) — A child was electrocuted while playing in the rain near downtown Nashville Sunday night.
It happened around 8:30 p.m. on University Court close to the J.C. Napier homes.
The Nashville Fire Department told sister station News 2 that the child was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries.
Crews were originally called the scene for a reported crash but first-responders quickly determined the child was injured by an electrical hazard.
The child was barefoot and tripped on a down power line, according to the Nashville Fire Department.
Nearly 1,300 Nashville Electric Service customers were without power in the immediate area as storms moved through Middle Tennessee.