KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Family of a child who passed away Tuesday at the University of Tennessee Medical Center confirmed to News Channel 11’s sister station, WATE 6 On Your Side, that the 12-year-old died of the flu.
Paloma Olivia Harris, 12, died suddenly of the flu on Jan. 14 at UT Medical Center, according to her obituary.
The obituary also states Paloma was “a beautiful little girl with so much love to give. Paloma had such a bright future with endless opportunities. She will continue to stay with us all through memories of her sly smile, humor and dance moves.”
The obituary states the memorial service for Paloma will be held Friday, Jan. 17 at Rio Revolution on Lamar Alexander Parkway beginning at 6:30 p.m.
- Tri-Cities IHOPs giving out free pancakes Tuesday as part of National Pancake Day; offering chance to win ‘Pancakes for Life’
- Man who caused Mountain Empire Community College lockdown in 2019 sentenced to 7 years
- JCPD: Man arrested after found with gun, meth while intoxicated in JCMC parking lot
- Educator of the Week: Julie Vermillion
- Daily Pledge: Hunter Elementary – Kelly Merritt’s 2nd-Grade Class