KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The adult son of an East Tennessee couple charged in the deaths of two of their children has now been arrested.
Michael Gray Jr. was arrested and booked into the Knox County Jail early Thursday morning on charges of attempted first-degree murder; however, later in the day those charges were amended to first-degree murder.
His parents, Michael Gray Sr. and Shirley Gray both face murder and child abuse charges after the remains of two of their non-biological children were found at their properties in Roane and Knox counties.
Their son had lived at the Knox County property in Halls. He had told investigators that his parents didn’t tell him one of the kids died and was buried on the property.
Instead, he said his parents claimed that the Department of Child Services took all the children away except for one.
Gray Jr. is being held on $500,000 dollars bond.
We’ll continue to follow this story and bring you an updates as we get them.
- Local artist Michelle O’Patick-Ollis to hold exhibition entitled “There Will Come A Time” at The Gallery@Barr Photographics
- How COVID-19 vaccines will work for your kids
- A SmAshing Success! How SmAsh Meals can save you time
- The Great Outdoors with Holston Distributing: Dry fly fishing tips on the South Holston River
- Daytime visits Total Hair & Body Medical