KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Department of Transportation and other first responders were working New Year’s Eve to help unload the cargo of an overturned tractor-trailer on Interstate 40 East near mile marker 394.
According to TDOT’s Mark Nagi, the cargo was that of 32,000 pounds of canned goods.
The overturned tractor-trailer initially had two eastbound lanes blocked (of three lanes); traffic was reduced to one lane as crews worked the scene.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- What’s COVID-19 and what’s just allergies? Doctors break it down
- Tyler presented to 2nd graders at Boones Creek Elementary
- Lawsuit: Windsor police officers threatened man and his career during traffic stop
- ‘We won’t back down’: Hundreds of University of Richmond students and faculty protest building names, campus racism, and board rector
- Ride on: King’s Dominion is reopening on May 22