KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Two KPD cruisers were involved in a non-injury crash Thursday evening during a pursuit.
KPD spokesman Scott Erland said Thursday the crash occurred in the area of Sutherland Avenue and Middlebrook Pike.
What led up to the crash, Erland said, was a pursuit of a stolen vehicle that had possible links to other recent crimes.
One KPD officer was engaged in a pursuit on Sutherland Avenue of the stolen vehicle and when a second officer responded to assist in the pursuit, the two KPD cruisers crashed into one another with one of the cruisers pushing into the vehicle of a third vehicle unrelated to the pursuit.
The suspect vehicle continued to flee following the crash.
No other injuries were reported.
- ‘We must await additional federal approval before doing so’ | VDH waits to offer Pfizer vaccine to children ages 12-15
- Track gas prices in your zip code using this tool
- Governor issues State of Emergency in North Carolina amid Colonial Pipeline cyber-attack
- Stimulus checks: Millions sign online petitions calling for monthly payments until pandemic ends
- Demand for used cars rises as production of new vehicles slows