TELLICO PLAINS, Tenn. (WATE) – Did you feel it? A small earthquake was recorded early Monday morning under Monroe County near the Tennessee-North Carolina state line.
According to the United States Geological Survey, a 2.4 magnitude earthquake was recorded 12 miles east-southeast of Tellico Plains around 7:00 a.m. Monday.
The quake was recorded at a depth of almost nine miles.
Did you experience the quake and want to make a report about it? Click here to report your experience on the USGS website.
- Dolly Parton announced as 12th Titan for Sunday’s game against Browns
- JCPD: 2 arrested after officers find them pushing stolen vehicle near downtown
- Storm Team 11: Rain to reach region by midday
- Data shows Americans couldn’t resist Thanksgiving travel
- Trolleys in Pigeon Forge temporarily shut down after employees get COVID-19