PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) – An 18-year-old is facing murder and assault charges after a woman was fatally stabbed at a diner in Pigeon Forge on Wednesday.
Gabriel Enrique Turcios, 18, of Sevierville has been arrested and charged with First Degree Murder and Aggravated Assault after a fatal stabbing at the Sunliner Diner in Pigeon Forge.
Pigeon Forge police were called to the restaurant just before 9:00 p.m. Wednesday for a stabbing in the back parking lot. The female was transported by ambulance to LeConte Medical Center and was later flown to the University of Tennessee Medical Center where she passed away from her injuries.
When officers arrived, Turcios had fled on foot. He was apprehended a short distance away.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Milligan clinches Appalachian Athletic Conference regular season crown
- WATCH: Monday’s prep baseball/softball highlights
- “It’s ‘pandemic round two’ for us because this is something that we didn’t see coming’: Tri-Cities restaurants struggle to find employees
- Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office personnel receive training on victim notification program
- Partly cloudy skies and mild temperatures Tuesday with rain and much colder air on Wednesday