DELCAMBRE, La. (WKRG) — The shrimping community of Delcambre, Louisiana is already feeling the effects of Hurricane Laura’s storm surge. Shrimp Boats that are docked in the Delcambre Canal are hanging on dearly. Reporter Britt Lofaso was on the scene in the middle of Laura’s wrath.
Laura made landfall about 1 AM near Cameron, Louisiana with winds of more than 150 mph.
- Family returns from Disney to find $40K in damage to their home; kids responsible won’t face charges
- 4 killed, including 3 children in overnight Chesterfield house fire: ‘It’s just devastating’
- Prolonged travel ban is ‘discrimination’ against border communities, South Texas leaders say
- Sullivan County Sheriff responds to Gov. Bill Lee signing Evelyn Boswell’s Law
- MVFD: I-81 South near mile marker 16 shut down after tractor-trailer crash