LAKE CHARLES, La. ( CNN/WKRG ) — Hurricane strength winds damaged Lake Charles tower in Laura’s path as they swept across a parking lot and blew debris around.
The National Hurricane Center has determined that the center of Hurricane Laura came ashore just prior to 2:00 AM ET / 1:00 AM CT Thursday at Cameron, LA. Hurricane Laura roared ashore with maximum sustained winds at 150 mph and a minimum central pressure of just below 940 mb.
- More Texans would support Matthew McConaughey for governor over Greg Abbott, poll shows
- Senators questioned about photos, video of UFOs above Navy warships
- Actor Felix Silla, known for his role as Cousin Itt on ‘The Addams Family,’ dies at 84
- Sheriff: 3 dead, 2 wounded in shooting at Wisconsin tavern
- Meet the artist who makes candles of people’s faces